IMPORTANT CHAMBER UPDATES RELATED TO CORONAVIRUS
Today we are seeing an ever evolving situation related to COVID-19 at the local, state and federal level.
Please know that the Chamber will continue to communicate news and resources relevant to businesses and our community on our website, in our e-mails and on our social media channels.
The Chamber has implemented the following changes:
The Chamber office at 5 South College Drive is now closed to outside visitors.
In response to Broome County’s State of Emergency declaration and the closure of schools through April 13, the following Chamber events have been postponed or canceled. We are working with our venues to identify new dates. Please stay tuned for details.
- Business of the Week on Mondays at 9:00 am from 3/16 – 4/13 (canceled)
- SBC Legislative Committee Meeting on 3/17 (canceled)
- BLI Session on 3/19 (canceled)
- Speed Networking for a Cause on 3/19 (rescheduled)
- GAC Committee Meeting on 3/20 (canceled)
- Bill Graham Communications Workshop with Tioga County Chamber on 3/20 (rescheduled)
- GBEOP Executive Committee Meeting on 3/24 (canceled)
- BLI Graduation on 3/26 (rescheduled)
- Eggs & Issues on 4/3 (rescheduled)
- GBEOP Board Meeting on 4/9 (rescheduled)
- Connect Over Lunch on 4/9 (canceled)
- BLI Alumni Leadership Event with Dick Orth on 4/15 (rescheduled)
Per the recommendation of the CDC on March 15, 2020:
“Large events and mass gatherings can contribute to the spread of COVID-19 in the United States via travelers who attend these events and introduce the virus to new communities. Examples of large events and mass gatherings include conferences, festivals, parades, concerts, sporting events, weddings, and other types of assemblies. These events can be planned not only by organizations and communities but also by individuals.
Therefore, CDC, in accordance with its guidance for large events and mass gatherings, recommends that for the next 8 weeks, organizers (whether groups or individuals) cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 people or more throughout the United States.” Learn more about this ban on public gatherings here: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/nyregion/coronavirus-new-york-update.html#link-3896262f
- Since the 2020 Bridge Run Half Marathon & 5K falls within this 8 week period, we plan to postpone this event until Sunday, September 27, 2020. That date works well with the City of Binghamton and the Binghamton Rumble Ponies NYSEG Stadium – both of which are key partners to execute this race.
Please know that the Chamber is here to assist you in any way. Feel free to contact us at (607) 772-8860 or e-mail one of our staff members with questions: https://greaterbinghamtonchamber.com/about-the-chamber/#staff