Greater Binghamton Chamber Announces Details About A New Event Recognizing Young Professionals
The Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce will be hosting a brand-new event to recognize and celebrate Young Professionals in the Greater Binghamton community.
The hYPe Awards will recognize 15 young professionals who demonstrate success in their career, industry or in making a positive change in the Greater Binghamton community.
Businesses and organizations are encouraged to nominate an individual in their industry for their work in the Arts, Business/Professional Services, Community Service, Education, Engineering, Finance, Government, Health Care, Hospitality, Intern of the Year, Law, Manufacturing, Newcomer, Non-Profit and Technology.
Additional awards will include:
• Newcomer: An individual who has recently moved to the area who demonstrates enthusiasm through involvement in our community
• Community Service: Gives back to Binghamton community through significant contributions of civic engagement, board or committee work, and/or involvement with charitable organizations
• Intern of the Year: This award will be given to the intern who displays commitment to learning, professional development, and service through completion of an internship
Eligibility criteria include:
• Under the age of 40 as of July 30, 2019 (does not apply to Intern award)
• Must currently work within the Greater Binghamton Area
• Self-nominations are allowed and require a letter of recommendation
The deadline for nominations is June 9th. The top three finalists from each category will be featured in community voting the following week. Voting will be open until July 1. Learn more at www.binghypeawards.com.
The hYPe Awards celebration will take place on Tuesday, July 30th at Traditions at the Glen from 5:30 – 7:30 pm and will include hors-d’oeuvres, cash bar, and entertainment.