Chamber to Host Project Homecoming Job & Career Fair December 27
Chamber to Host Annual Project Homecoming Job & Career Fair on December 27; Wide Variety of Industries Represented
The Greater Binghamton Chamber and Title Sponsor, M & T Bank invite those companies currently hiring to participate in the Project Homecoming Job Fair at the Oakdale Mall in Johnson City on Thursday, December 27.
The December Career Fair targets not only job seekers from the Greater Binghamton area, but also college students who are home during their break and people visiting their families over the holidays.
This event is an opportunity to educate people about job opportunities in the Greater Binghamton region and encourages them to return to the area.
NEW THIS YEAR: To encourage high school juniors and seniors (16-18 year-olds) seeking employment to attend our event. The “Profile Packet” handed out to all job seekers (and available on the Chamber’s website), will highlight those companies hiring 16 – 18 year-olds. Area District schools will notify their students about this addition to the Job Fair.
Representatives from Workforce New York and the NYS Department of Labor will be present to answer questions from job seekers.
So far, 65 companies are registered to attend this event from various industries, including health care, high tech, finance, education and manufacturing, just to name a few. A list of confirmed companies is included on page 2.
The job fair is free and open to the public. Attendees are encouraged to bring many copies of their resume. The Chamber will scan each resume collected at this career fair and create an on-line database that participating job fair companies can access after the event.
The Greater Binghamton Chamber has been providing Career Fairs to the business community for over a decade. It is an opportunity to bring together employers and job seekers in one venue. Our Career Fairs are designed to connect people with opportunities in our community. The Greater Binghamton Chamber coordinates these events twice a year (in June and in December).
EVENT: Greater Binghamton Chamber Annual Project Homecoming Job & Career Fair
DATE/TIME: Thursday, December 27, 2018 – 12:00 to 4:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Oakdale Mall, Johnson City (Booth locations are available in Center Court, just beyond the Center Court towards JC Penney and Auntie Anne’s.)
INTERVIEWS: Jennifer Conway, the Chamber’s President and CEO, will be available for media interviews between 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. in Center Court. All other times, visit the Chamber’s information table in Center Court to talk to a Chamber staff representative.
Confirmed Companies (as of 12/21/18)
3. Amrex Chemical Co., Inc.
4. Ardagh Metal Packaging Inc. USA
5. Army National Guard
6. Army Recruiting Center Vestal
7. Bates Troy, Inc.
8. Bricklayers Local 3 NY
9. Broome-Tioga BOCES
10. Broome-Tioga Workforce
11. Children’s Home
12. Custom Systems Integration, Inc.
13. Dick’s Sporting Goods
14. ENSCO, Inc.
15. EXIT Realty Homeward Bound
16. Express Employment Professionals
17. First Student
18. Gas Search Drilling Services
19. Good Shepherd – Fairview Home
20. Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce & Visit Binghamton
21. Greater Binghamton Health Center
23. HCA (Helping Celebrate Abilities)
24. Helio Health
25. Howard Hanna Real Estate Services
26. IBEW Local Union 325
27. Interstate Homes
28. JH Robotics Inc
29. Kristy L McWherter Agency, Farmers Insurance
30. Levene Gouldin & Thompson, LLP
31. Lourdes Hospital
32. M & T Bank
33. Magic 101.7
34. Maines Paper & Food Service, Inc.
35. Masonite International
36. Matthews Auto Group
37. McIntosh Laboratory, Inc.
38. Mirabito Energy Products
39. NYS Department of Transportation
40. NYS OCFS
41. Paper Alternative Solutions, Inc.
42. Penske Truck Leasing
43. Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 112
44. RGIS, LLC
45. Riverview Manor Healthcare Center
46. Security Mutual Life Insurance Company of New York
47. Servpro of Broome, Tompkins, and Tioga Counties
48. Southern Tier Independence Center
50. Staffworks, Inc.
51. Stillwater Children’s Center
52. SUNY Broome
53. Susquehanna Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
54. Susquehanna Valley CSD
55. The Family & Children’s Society
56. The Hearth at Castle Gardens
57. Tioga Downs Casino
58. UHS Senior Living at Ideal
59. United Health Services, Inc.
60. United Healthcare Community Plan
61. United Methodist Homes
62. Visions Federal Credit Union
64. Willow Point Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
65. Willow Run Foods, Inc.